DEFRA has announced increases in payment rates for many Countryside Stewardship revenue options relevant to... Read more
Champions of North Yorkshire
As land and estate agents operating in North Yorkshire, we are often asked what North Yorkshire has to offer and why should anybody want to move to this corner of the world.
Let me explain with a couple of interesting facts and figures that you may not be aware of. Indeed, this was the exact question I was asked at a viewing with a lady who was on a zoom call at the time to her husband in Washington DC.
- Around 40% of the county is covered by national parks including most of the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors. Looking for outdoor space; North Yorkshire has it in abundance
- Two hours non-stop train journey to London for those that have to leave God’s Own County for work
- Home to the 3rd oldest school in the world – St Peter’s, York; alongside plenty of OFSTED Outstanding Schools, including Archbishop’s Holgate in York, which has only recently been awarded this accolade;
- Home to Britain’s first seaside resort: Scarborough
- Home to The Food Capital of Yorkshire: Malton
- Farming is a cornerstone of North Yorkshire’s rural economy and community, with an exciting future which continually embraces change and opportunities
- One of the longest-established land and estate agents in the UK, with a combined total of 370 years in business; ensuring your property-related matters are in safe hands.
To us, we are so fortunate to live and work in North Yorkshire; a place with a vibrance of countryside, cities, market towns and coastline. Put simply, North Yorkshire is home. Come and visit, and I am sure we will find you a property you can call home.
New increased Countryside Stewardship payment rates
The British Meat Industry - have the government’s new trade deals reduced this worry for the UK farm economy?
Since the UK has left the EU officially the loss of trade for the British... Read more